- 21-Aug-2014 to 01-Sep-2014 (PST)
- Human Resources
- San Jacinto, CA, USA
- Full Time
See Benefits link on top of page
Under the general direction of the Director of Human Resources, the Staffing Specialist will be responsible for all functions related to the recruiting, selection, pre-employment screening, and on-boarding process of all new employees. The Staffing Specialist will monitor recruiting efforts to identify effective advertising, testing, and screening processes. The Staffing Specialist will coordinate the various elements of the pre-employment process (drug screening, licensing, etc) to facilitate an easy on-boarding of talent. The Staffing Specialist will assist in inputting employee information into the computerized, human resources information system while alternately providing clerical and administrative support functions to the Human Resource Department.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with applicants, candidates, managers, employees, and vendors.
- Work with department leaders to identify staffing needs (current, 6-months, 12-months).
- Determine and coordinate appropriate advertisements, online postings, and internal job postings.
- Manage internal transfer request process.
- Pre-screen and qualify applicants for positions. Arrange pre-screening interviews, appropriate skills tests, and schedule interviews with hiring managers.
- Organize required paperwork and application for gaming licenses and maintaining open communication with backgrounds department and hiring managers regarding license updates.
- Maintain updated skills and knowledge in to provide best-in-class recruiting services.
- Monitor iApplicants applicant tracking system and other internal programs used in talent acquisition and make recommendations for updates as needed.
- Provide general and clerical HR support services to employees, managers, and applicants.
- Assist in requests to update job descriptions, rank candidates, and perform reference or screening checks.
- Prepare recruiting, staffing reports and analyze same for trends and process improvements.
- Assist with new hire orientation and facilitate classes as necessary. .
- Maintain all logs, reports, and correspondence as required by the Human Resources Department.
- Represent Casino at career events and local job fairs as necessary.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- 3 years experience in customer service role with demonstrated service aptitudes and abilities.
- Ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality and maintain employee privacy.
- Working knowledge of computer programs. Computer literacy in Microsoft Office products.
- Experience in recruiting, talent selection, and hiring a plus.
- Typing speed of 35 wpm.
- Ability to relate well to people and work in cooperation with others to effectively coordinate activities in order to accomplish tasks and achieve goals.
- Ability to conduct prescreening interviews and skills testing to qualify applicants for interview.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to exercise sound, independent judgment.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus.
- Ability to deal effectively with all staff members exercising tact, diplomacy and patience at all times.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to promote positive and professional image.
Essential Duties of the Job:
- The ability to research, read, interpret, and effectively communicate findings on a range of HR-related topics to internal and external clients.
- The ability to effectively verbalize instructions and guidance related to policies and procedures.
- The ability to apply logical reasoning skills to processing procedures.
- The ability to write and accurately record employee and department information.
- The ability to accurately complete data entry of employee, applicant, and department transactions.
- The ability to exercise positive interpersonal skills (tact, diplomacy, patience) with internal and external clients.
- The ability to utilize a computer to perform functions and prepare reports using Microsoft Office Suite and other software systems (ABRA, MAS, Kronos, PayChex, iApplicants, etc).
- The ability to maintain confidential information in all interactions.
Possess a high school diploma or GED. College coursework and/or Associate of Arts Degree in recruiting, business management, or academic management preferred. Two year's administrative experience desired in addition to 3 years customer service experience.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
Ability to obtain and maintain a valid Gaming Commission license.
Required to submit to and obtain negative results on all drug and/or alcohol testing.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!