- 14-Aug-2014 to 17-Sep-2014 (PST)
- Information Technology (IT)
- San Jacinto, CA, USA
- Full Time
The IT Technician supports the "help desk" function and provides support for casino systems. Responsibilities include answering calls from end users and resolving problems involving data processing systems and hardware or software, maintains a daily log of incoming "help desk" calls, works with business area management to evaluate, select and implement computing applications for the PC workstations, installs, tests and modifies new off the shelf PC applications, and provides technical support for PC users.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Using technical expertise, diagnostic and repair hardware, software and network issues.
- Respond to work order requests and projects that are assigned.
- Responsible for all client hardware/software installation and maintenance.
- Responsible for moving/setting up and updating inventory database of any changes.
- Responsible for setting up the audio-visual equipment for events throughout the casino, provides technical assistance, and/or training to staff in using the audio/visual equipment.
- Participate and assist in educating personnel on computers, error and recovery application software usage.
- Preventative maintenance plans and execution.
- Perform daily system checks and update administrators on possible issues.
- Maintain all casino utilized systems to ensure their daily functionality.
- Repair or replace needed hardware, and network cabling when required.
- Install approved software for casino staff purposes, troubleshoot when necessary.
- Daily reporting to Administrators, on current workflow, location conditions and issues needing immediate interaction.
- Prepare and submit a bi-weekly report of accomplishments and goals to Inventory Supervisor.
- Troubleshoot printer, phone and overhead projector issues.
- Maintain accurate account by logging all software and equipment provided.
- Ensure a timely response, and a high degree of customer satisfaction to all case reports.
- Prioritize both time and projects, working independently and as a team member.
- Listen, comprehend and communicate quickly.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Any combination of education, experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- 2-3 years computer networking and/or support experience.
- Excellent customer support skills 1 to 2+ years of high-level technical support in Windows environment.
- 2+ year's technical experience with computer software, including the installation and configuration of Windows programs. Majority of experience should be in the area of hardware repair, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Degree in IT preferred.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Ability to deal effectively with all staff members exercising tact, diplomacy and patience at all times.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to promote positive and professional image.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. There may be exposure to second hand smoke.
- The description incorporates the most typical duties performed. It is recognized that other duties not specifically mentioned may also be performed. The inclusion of those duties would not alter the overall evaluation of this position
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!